Calendar Committee to begin a two-year calendar adoption process beginning next fall
The McMinnville School Board has adopted the 2022-2023 academic calendar. The Calendar Committee had proposed two options and gathered input from staff, families and community members via a ThoughtExchange.
The committee reviewed input from all stakeholders prior to recommending a traditional calendar model to the board. The option approved includes a traditional first day of school on the Tuesday after Labor Day.
Key dates for the year include:
- First day of school for students: September 6
- Fall conferences: October 26 – 28
- Half-day before Thanksgiving holiday: November
- Winter break begins December 19 and school resumes January 3
- Spring break: March 27 – 31
- Spring conferences: May 4 – 5
- MHS Graduation: June 9
- Last day of school for students: June 16
- Possible school closure make-up days: June 21-27
The calendar committee will begin work in November of 2022 on adopting calendars for the 2023-24 and 2024-25 school years. This two-year model will allow families and staff to plan around the school calendar with more advance notice.
The committee wants to ensure all stakeholders are aware that the model beginning with the 2023-24 school year may have a start date prior to Labor Day. The Board will adopt the calendars by March of 2023 so there is more notice for those who may be planning to travel over Labor Day weekend.